Reality Check

First I would like to say a big welcome to the big new additions to the blog. I am very happy they decided to jump on board.

Secondly, I actually got called "pessimistic" about the Tigers today. Really?

Detroit fans are some of the most fickle fans in the world. Get one game over .500 and suddenly everybody is ready for the playoffs.

Personally, I don't think that I am "pessimistic" at all. Instead, I am just "tentatively hopeful." We witnessed a solid month of great baseball, but, the truth is, we didn't really beat anybody any good other than the White Sox. Beating up on the National League is nothing to be overly optimistic about. Sweeping the Rockies is nothing to run out and buy playoff tickets over.

Instead, now is the time for the Tigers to prove they are the team we expected. We have a big series with the Twins starting tonight. Start winning series consistently against American League teams and maybe I will hop on the bandwagon for good.

By no means am I saying you shouldn't be excited about the Tigers recent winning streak. Instead, I am telling you my position and telling you Im not pessimistic just for being hesitant.

I want the Tigers to prove they are the team who wins series and plays 6-700 ball (the team we all expected), against tough American League opponents.

Then, maybe, I'll give them props.

But, I won't be patting any Tigers on the back for beating teams they should beat.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Maybe the person who called you pessimistic was referring to a general attitude about life rather than a specific attitude about the Tigers.