A Polite Introduction to Myself

Hey my name is Brian Demoray. For those of you who know me or don't know me I hope to fill your mind with a bunch of sports opinions (as if the ones on ESPN and whatever local radio show you support aren't enough.)

Because I really enjoy the Jim Rome show I want to rip off something from his show and encorporate it into this blog. That is a sponsor to every entry I make. Now unfortunately we here at Put it in Stone are not currently paid by any sponsor so I am going to give us one. This will be something that I find horribly annoying or something I really dislike...for a good reason or for no good reason at all.

So todays blog is unofficially brought to you by...my annoyance with the T9 function on cell phones; seriously it does make texting a bit faster on all non smart phones but really...hasn't tecnology come far enough to figure out some better word recognition???

The first topic that is actually sports related that I wish to dalve into is the NBA draft for the Pistons, or should i say the D league draft for the Pistons. As I sat on my couch and wasted 3 full hours of my life last thursday I got to witness the genious that is Joe Dumars. My annoyance/shock at Joe Ds actions is solely surrounded by him not making any attempt to get either Darrel Aurthur or Chris Douglas-Roberts.

Lets set the table. The Pistons had an awesome regular season and ended up with the 29th draft spot overall...second to last in the first round. Even though this draft was quite deep with talented players, drafting someone at #29 is ALWAYS a reach. Darrel Aurthur (the #9 player overall according to Jay Bilas) started to free fall similar to our good friend Brady Quinn because of an undisclosed kidney problem only found by certain NBA franchises. Now I know he ended up going 2 spots ahead of where we were sitting in the draft but Seattle ended up getting his rights from New Orleans for CASH CONSIDERATIONS! Seriously Joe D...the Stones need athleticism at any spot on the floor, and in my opinion, the most at the 3 spot. This guy free falls and you can't offer anything better to the Hornets than cash considerations???

Well since Aurthur was gone Joe D actually made an intelligent move and opted out of the first round as to not have to give a guaranteed contract. So with our first pick we take...Walter Sharpe??? Hello Narcoleptic/drive by victim. Chris Douglas-Roberts, still available and still freakishly athletic, passes us by.

So what do the Stones end up with??? A possible D league starter and some other players that are just going to be shipped over seas to try to get better. Congrats at a sucsessful draft!

I sure hope this draft means that Joe D is certain to land a super star either this year...or possibly next year to make a run at LeBron or Dwight Howard.

As for next basketball season...expect a decent regular season with a bunch more crushed hopes in the playoffs given the Stones current situation.

0 comments: