My Tone Has Changed

I am not longer a big fan of this trade seeing how big of a baby Farnsworth is.

Last week, we saw the dude literally crying because he got traded. But, I gave him the benefit of the doubt thinking that he could be a professional about it.

However, based on his statements to the Detroit media and his play on Sunday, its pretty clear, he doesn't care about this team or this teams players.

I know I may be overreacting to this, it has been only 1 game. And, I am not making the proposition that Farnsworth is bombing his own career to screw this team. But, his effort did not seem the same on Sunday than as it did when he was wearing pin stripes.

Basically, I am at the point with this team where I just hope that the White Sox put us out of our misery. Just put us out of the race so we can play Mud Hens and find out if there are any more Armando Galaraga's or Curtis Granderson's left in the system.

Is this team just going to keep toying with our hearts? Play good enough to get us excited and then play like they dont care?

How many times has Jim Leyland said something along the lines of "Losing hurts us less than it should."

HUH?!?!

Doesn't that attitude just scream Gary Sheffield?

Look at Gary's season. He plays well when people begin to doubt him. Somebody in the media says they should release him and then he hits 2 home runs. People wonder if his latest injury is his demise, and he hits a walk off single to beat the Cardinals.

Isn't this team kind of the same? Almost 2 months ago, we swept the White Sox to climb out of an 11 game hole; played great against the National League; and then Todd Jones blows the biggest save of the season once we get pretty close to first.

Has Gary and his crazy attitude become our leader? Jim Leyland cannot combat this?

Somebody needs to step up as the leader of this team.

My vote: Curtis Granderson. I shouldnt have to elaborate.

This team is done, hopefully the White Sox can just put us out of our misery so we can see what guys like Chris Lambert and Jeff Larish have.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know what you mean. I made the mistake of staying up to watch that 14 inning debacle against the White Sox a few nights ago. I turned it off when the Tigers went up 8-6 thinking, "they can't blow this one". Then I checked the score online the next morning. What a waste.

derekG said...

does my post about inge and the chemistry have any connection to this? they look selfish.

derekG said...

good call on gary. put on waivers and he hits two home runs