(Farns)Worthless...

Brought to you by Chuck Hernandez and Jim Leyland always pulling the starting pitcher at the wrong time. Shit.

As to avoid saying rash things about my sincere distaste for the Pudge/Farnsworth trade, I waited a few days to completely respond. THEY DID WHATTTTT??? For who?????

That also being said...I like trading Pudge so long as they intend on Brandon being the full time catcher and assuming that he is solid enough behind the plate to do it for the forseeable future. So I was thinking we could get a starter maybe? A closer maybe? Some prospects maybe? NO! We got Kyle freaking Farnsworthless, astonishly bringing our total 8th inning guys to approximately 4. Jones on the DL with an undisclosed shoulder injury. How many 8th innings are there in baseball seriously. Last I checked there was one. Good news is our set up guys can have an order similar to the group of starters.

This trade gets us no where. Trying to get something out of Pudge is fine but did we even really strengthen our bullpen? Without a closer and without a solid 4th and 5th starter I don't see how we improved at all.

I sure hope Dombrowski is right about this cause back in 2005 I was extatic to get Zach Miner for him, and I think Kyle was even happier he got to leave Detroit. Bad blood both ways between him and the fans, giving up 2 home runs on sunday, and a mediocre tenure in New York just don't seem like good terms to bring someone back on.

How 'bout Jamie Walker for Magglio next???

I hope I'm wrong...

0 comments: