From Bad to Worse: 0-6...

Life isn't very fun for me right now. The season I looked forward to so fervently has resulted in a week worth of losses.

Two straight sweeps to division rivals, and hated enemies.

I tried to look for the positives in the first horrible series, but there is no light at the end of the tunnel here. 0-6. No team has ever gone to the World Series going 0-4. Only 2 have ever made the playoffs going 0-5.

What was good? Nothing. Dontrelle had 5 decent innings, but unfortunately for him they play 9 in Major League Baseball. Brandon Inge had a decent game on Saturday, but he was seriously the only one.

Sheffield, Ordonez, and Cabrera are no longer the most feared middle lineup in the AL, they are a joke. Seriously, Miggy could you pop out or hit into any more double plays?

Okay, I want to go on a little bit of a rant her about Base running. There have been multiple base running mistakes that have resulted in double plays. Pudge's big mistake against the Royals, Rentaria not getting back to first in time on Saturday. Santiago's mistake last night. Heck, even Gary couldnt get to third base from first on a slow roller to right field. Winning starts with fundamentals.

So what now? I really don't know. Leyland need to do something big. The bats need to get hot in a big way. The pitching needs to throw near perfect games. The team needs to remember base running fundamentals. Sadly, all of these things seem like a very big hill to climb at this point.

I am just sick of this mentality of thinking that winning is hard. This team is supposed to win 100 games right? Unfortunately, this team can't even win once.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

PARTY LIKE IT'S 2003!!!!!!!! congrats on the victory fella's.

Anonymous said...

I'm so astatic too. I'm so astatic that I might even be to the point where I'm ecstatic.