Reactions to Early Games: Day 1

So far I have watched pretty much every game.  So far I was very impressed with Michigan State.  Drew Neitzel played so-so and they still dominated Temple.  I was impressed by their overall defense.  Also, Purdue looked good.  I thought Baylor would ride that wave of emotion from the turnaround season after the killing of the player.  Purdue looked tough.  Maybe i should reconsider my loathing of the Big Ten this year.


Also, great games from Xavier and Marquette.  Great toughness to get wins through hard fought, physical games against Georgia and Kentucky.  Those games were a lot of fun to watch. 

I don't want to read to much into a 1 seed destroying a 16 seed, but Kansas seemed to play all parts of the game really well.

For all of you who aren't using cbssportsline.com to stream games online, you really should.  Its how I am watching 3-4 games at once and it is glorious.  Check it out!

5-2 so far for me.  70% would be a great percentage for the first round for me, but I am hoping for 80%.  

Matt Nathanson Concert tonight, so I will be relying on highlights for tonight.  Hopefully I can catch some games from somewhere after Matt Plays.  

I really hope I can catch some of the Michael Beasley v. O.J. Mayo game tonight.  I am expecting big things from Beasley and Walker.  Plus I hate USC so much in football that it spills over into basketball.  Go Wildcats!

2 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Nathan Sportel said...

I checked, 14-2 actually.