More Football...

Welcome all...this post is brought to you by Prozac. Somewhat self explanitory if you watched U-M or the Lions last weekend.

Well as I said in my previous post, I would be shocked if we lost to ND and I still am shocked that it happened. As much as it pains me to say it, congratulations are in order for them to perservere in a game played in some of the worst possible conditions. Not self imploding is the only thing that won the game for them and to be honest, in a game like that, it may just be the most important thing.

Michigan is now 1-2 and I am really struggling to see how they are going to keep their streaks alive (bowls and winning seasons.) Lets take a look at the positives. Sam McGuffie?!?!?! At least I can say I predicted this one right. Did he ever have a hayday! I hope that this was his breakout game and he can continue to impress like this. I am not asking for 200 yards out of him every game because he will face FAR better defenses in games to come but seriously, he was a man among boys out there.

Congratulations also should be in order to Steven Threet. As wolverine fans wanted, he stepped up to the challenge in a big way. Took control of the team and made some serious D-1 throws downfield. Miscues happened and will continue to happen but this team is his now. Steven really showed signs of leadership and also proved on the field that he has the talent to quarterback this team this year and also be a factor in the starting QB for next year.

Furthermore I would also like to commend Rich Rodriguez. He basically has half of his offense as true freshmen and is somehow still able to find offensive innovation. The turnovers from the game are strictly because of inclimate weather and freshmen nerves, this will change. When this team matures and learns all the ins and outs of RR's offense they will really be a force to recon with. Aside from his coaching prowless, RR is also doing one hell of a good job recruiting. Filling major needs left and right all signs point to a very successful campain for years to come.

This loss hurts, even more so because its to a hated rival, but I have never watched such a sloppy loss and walked away more confident than I did last saturday. Not to say that I think the team will rebound this year and contend, but just knowing that things are headed in a very good direction for the future.

On another note, I am SO glad USC kicked the crap out of Ohio State. What the heck was Tressel thinking not playing Pryor more?!?! Coaching decisions like that are exactly what keeps them far from competative against other conferences. Tressel was stubborn to a flaw and unless he fixes it it will ultimately be his undoing.

Out.

0 comments: