A bunch of things...

Welcome. This post is brought to you by our frost advisory last night??? Seriously dude...its September.

To reserve myself from blairing out obscenities about why Michigan Football has blown chunks so far this year I waited until the ND game to speak openly about my feelings. First and foremost, I will honestly be shocked if we lose to them. Did you watch any of their game??? SDSU looked like a normal respectable MAC team! Sam McGuffie and Michael Shaw should have a hay day against ND's torrid defense.

But on to the real issues. After reading Nate's post about Steven Threet, like usual, I agreed with 90% of what he said in there. My opinion on the matter is a little different though. Steven Threet was the higher rated passer heading into camp and I think that we as fans get ourselves wrapped up in who is supposed to be better rather than who IS actually better. Steve has the size, the look, the moxie even, but has he really performed well enough to just hand the starting job over to him? No. Has Nick "The math nerd" Sheridan drastically played worse than him? No. The truth of the matter is that if either QB has done anything to seperate himself from the other there would not be a dual QB system. They just don't work. Either Steven or Nick has to step up to the plate and make a few plays and stop over throwing every wide reciever out on the field. I mean is it just me or does Steven's whole throwing motion just look terrible? Upon being recruited that was supposed to be one of his best qualities. Some one please just step up to the plate and just "manage" the game, get the ball to one of our many playmakers and good things WILL happen.

That brings up another point. Since Mark Oortman decieded to get injured Michigan has to start a walk on left tackle for up to a month. This is about the worst possible news the offensive line could recieve. The most important part of the line, blocking the QB's blind side, is going to be held down by a walk on 6'9" flag pole of a white kid. His height would be fine if he weighed like oh maybe 100 lbs. more! This is just a recipe for disaster against ANY team with a decent defensive end. I really hope he works out better than logic says he will. This really leads to a new QB having severe issues being able to just manage the game. So please, don't just huck the ball up in the air to the middle of the secondary for anyone to intercept it.

I am reluctantly staying with my prediction of 8-4 but only because I don't want to renig on my earlier decision. What I am honestly hoping for is a winning season and a bowl birth just to keep up our streak. Meanwhile I will eagerly anticipate the arrival of Shavodrick Beaver and Tate Forcier to come to the rescue of our beloved Wolverines.

Onto my next topic...the USC v. OSU game. While I was listening to sports talk radio this morning I heard a local radio guy say that he is rooting for OSU for the good of the Big Ten. This is fine but only considering he is a state fan. He was asking his audience though, if there were any Wolverine fans who would root for the spawn of satan OSU against the Trojans. Having been a Michigan fan for my whole life I was instantly reminded about the 2002 BCS Title game featuring none other than OSU and Miami. In a brief nostalgic moment I recalled a huge desire to want the game to end in a tie with all the players severely injured to end the game. That didn't happen and OSU won. Since then across the nation Tressel is viewed in the same light as Pete Carrol and all that has happened to us Michigan fans is a bunch of hopes and dreams (2006) washed down the drain. So I ask myself can I root for OSU on Saturday? The answer in a word? NO! Don't get me wrong I want the Big Ten to get some national credibility back but if that credibility hinges upon the shoulders of Jim Tressel I would rather root for a team in the likes of Miami or, in this case, USC. Find me one Michigan fan who is a true blue fan who honestly wants OSU to win saturday, and I will find you a liar. Hopefully all night on Saturday, the only thing I hear is "Fight On" and all I see on TV is a gorgeous student section all with V's for victory lifted high in the air.

1 comments:

derekG said...

thanks for the shout out to SDSU! we should of had them, but we fumbled at the goal line. SDSU loses to everyone, but they always play well against national teams, osu a couple years ago, u of m four years ago. we look good on national tv, but the truth is we can't beat a high school team. thanks for the shout out