Frustrated.

This post is going to be mostly therapeutic for me today: a means to vent on a wide scale.

The Lions are terrible. TERRIBLE

I doubt there is few that will disagree with me that the the strength of the Lions team is the wide receivers. However, they are dropping passes at a surprising rate, thereby negating that strength. How do you expect to win when you best players aren't even making routine plays.

When the players are doing the basic stuff, that means they aren't practicing well. Assuming that, the coaches are the one to blame.

I really just want to Lions to clean house. Get rid of everybody. Start completely over. I know that means a rebuilding process that will take years to make a team relevant, but at some point you have to say, "this isn't working, we need to try something else."

I like Coach Rod. I like his bear-wrestling persona and demeanor. I thought he had a good philosophy too. However, he does not appear to be good at coaching players and teaching skills.

Im not suggesting that he should be fired tomorrow or in the middle of the season, but whoever the next GM will be, I think his first move should be to find a new coach.


P.S. Great decision with that Jordan Dizon pick, Matt. I'm really glad we could improve our kick off coverage team with a second round pick. Great work. Uhhh

1 comments:

derekG said...

just when you thought it couldn't get worse. your QB runs three feet out of the back of the endzone for a safety. and you lose by two....