A little catch up...

Sorry for the ten day absense Put it in Stone viewers. My football team took a lot out of me.

This post is brought to you by...Jennifer Granholms huge mole. The irony is that her husbands name is Mohlner...tricky huh?

So I realized today that I have been "writing" for this blog for approximately a month now and have yet to make mention of my absolute favorite team in all of sports. Michigan Wolverines football. Yes even more than the Lions, I know its hard to believe.

Given the RichRod hire and all the massive departures for the NFL/whining of Justin Boren, I have been anticipating this coming college football season for seven months now. I don't intend to preview their season and tell you which games are going to be won or lost, but I do wish to share what I think are keys to success and just exactly how I define "success."

First and foremost is EXECUTION. RichRod's offense and defense is all based so severely upon timing that as long as the players know where they have to be and when they have to be there, plays will be made. I have complete faith in RichRods coaching to select plays where this can easily be attained. Star QB or not, losing countless numbers of offensive linemen and almost every key offensive position, I firmly believe that if these players can excecute Michigan will put up a fight in every game this year.

Second has to be Steven Threet. In this new offense how can he spread the ball around? How will he handle the sudden pressure of being the starting QB on the first day RichRod actually coaches a game infront of all those fans sitting on the edge of their seats critiquing every last move the team makes? This is the time for Steven to live out his dream out on the field. We all know he has the arm strength, but how are his feet? RichRod is going to make him run a bit whether its running to the sideline to stretch the defense out and gain more time to throw or even just trying to stay on his feet knowing that the O line only returns ONE starter from last year. My hearts with ya Steve...good freakin' luck.

The third way to a successful season is the defense. They are stacked. RichRod has NEVER had a defense this good to work with so I am certain he is chomping at the bit to run his D with all the stud players who are returning. This D has to make up for the growing pains of the young offense. No one in the nation outside of Michigan will say it, but I really think we have the best secondary in the Big Ten, and one of the best front four in possibly the nation. These guys have to create turnovers and get sacks and give the young offense a short field as much as possible. Could a 3-4 be in our future???

Sam McGuffie...you finally are going to get a hand off in Michigan Stadium. I can't tell you how excited I am about that, probably even more excited than he is! Darryl Stonum, Michael Shaw, Roy Roundtree (snake oil), Terrance Robinson, and Boubacar Cissoko all look to have time out on the field as freshmen in key positions. Not to make light of the fact that possibly two true freshmen could be starting on the O line, Dann O'Neil is for sure!

Assuming people want me to make a prediction I will take the easy way out and say they will finish 8-4 and play in the Alamo Bowl. I have no idea which games they will win or lose but I may visit that in another post closer to the start of the season, but you can put 8-4 in stone. Maybe some sort of really soft stone haha!

All this being said I can't freakin' wait till kickoff in the Big House against Utah. Not because I think we are going to win the national championship (like I did last year...) but just so I can finally see exactly what we as Michigan fans are in for for the next (hopefully) ten to fifteen years.

P.S. I really hope Tim Jaimison or Terrance Taylor runs over to the OSU sideline during the game and bitch slaps Justin Boren. I am glad that bull shit is over. OSU is the perfect place for cry baby offensive linemen who love giving up sacks!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

"sucsess" eh? Sounds like you havea friend named "sess" and you're sucking him off! hahaha

ps: if you're reading this now, he already fixed his spelling error....

Anonymous said...

great... I spelled "have a" wrong.... ironic

Unknown said...

I agree completely with all of your assessments. However, I think the biggest reason they will do well is the strength and conditioning overhaul seen with Barwis. We've all heard the stories of how he raised wolves, or was an MMA fighter, but this guy is worth his weight in gold.

Last season, Will Johnson (the DT) was quoted as saying Gittleson (the old S&C coach) told him to eat pizzas every night before he went to bed to keep his weight up. I don't even know where to begin with that horrendous piece of "advice."

Everyone says they just seem so much faster and stronger..Ha, it was reported Steve Schilling has a 6 pack!...WVU never had top notch talent, so they just had to out-work and out-condition everyone. Combine that attitude with the talent Michigan recruits...I think it could be the perfect combination. This season may be a bit rocky, but the next few years will be dynamite.