Larry Foote

So, Larry Foote is in town.  I have to admit that Larry Foote was my second favorite Michigan Linebacker ever (Ian Gold being my favorite) so obviously I would love him to come to town.  But seriously, the Lions, who won ZERO games last year and had a guy named PARIS playing middle linebacker last year, are saying they need to make sure HE FITS THE SCHEME!?!?  When you win 5 games you get the luxury of fitting guys in schemes.  When you are the Lions and you haven’t won a game in over a year and a half, you take ANY talent you can get.  How often do you A) get a guy who WANTS to come to Detroit, and B) actually fits a gaping whole in your team?  This is RARE!!!  Don’t forget this guy has won multiple super bowls, is a leader/all around good guy, and doesn’t want a long term contract.  This is a match made in heaven!

If I was martin mayhew I would have a 2-3 year, 3.5 million dollar contract (he made under 3 last year) ready for him to sign the second he walked into Ford Field.   But then again, I wouldn’t draft a TE in the first round, so clearly I know nothing about how to rebuild a football team.

0 comments: