Lebron, Chauncey and the Rest

I am very impressed with the Celtics ability to stop Lebron James, but I am not very impressed with the Celtics.

The C's did something that we were unable to do last year (pathetically). I realize that this is only 2 games, but still you gotta give a hand to how they have almost completely shut him down.

But, seriously. The Cavs are a one dimensional team. If Lebron does not beat you himself (with a little help here and there) you should win. But Boston almost lost game one, and came no where near destroying them in game two. Just imagine what the score could have been if Cleveland actually had a decent second option. I mean who is it? Z? Please.

This is the same Celtics team who had no energy, emotion or desire to win on the road against a far inferior team in Atlanta. This team is beatable.

A few months ago I wrote about how I thought the Celtics were better than any team in the West. Now, I'm not even sure they are better than any of the four remaining teams in the west.
And I think that the Lakers have surpassed them in my "power rankings."

So, if the Pistons advance against the Magic and have to play the Celtics, they should certainly win and advance to the finals.

Except...

Chauncey is the most important piece of the Pistons puzzle. I have been trying to read everything I can about his injury and how he feels. From the sound of his trainer, we have reason to be optimistic.

Without Chauncey, it will be hard, but I think they can still beat the Magic. Without him, they stand no chance against Boston.

We will see what happens on Saturday. I am no doctor, but I think he should stay out. Rest up and be ready for game 5. And Stuckey had a decent game on Wednesday. If he could just limit some of the rookie mistakes he could have a real nice floor presence. The Stones almost clawed back and made it a game. Unfortunately they went ice cold in the fourth. And Sheed needs to step up for us to win without Chancey.

But until then, we will just have to wait.

0 comments: